- Practical Geneva
- Discover Geneva
- Driving in Switzerland
- Budget - Banking and Money
- Swiss way of life
- Family life
- Marriage - Birth Registration
- Divorces - Registering a Death
- People with Disabilities
- Child Care Centers in Geneva
- Sport & Recreation for Children & Teens
- Language courses
- Medias & Telecommunications
- Health - Security
- Getting a job in Switzerland
- Job hunting with a Ci permit
- The Swiss Labour Law and Swiss employment contract
- Employment exchange of private servants
- Moving in - Moving out
Television - Radio - Multimedia
The Swiss public broadcaster SRG SSR is an association comprises four regional companies:
"Multimedia" refers to the interplay and application of different forms of presentation, i.e. a combination of still pictures, video, text, sound and graphics.
SRG SSR idée suisse ensures that its services are distributed in a user-friendly manner via all the vectors that are demanded by the audience – such as the Internet, DVD, audio and video, terrestrial and satellite. New technologies permit sophisticated solutions: On SRG SSR websites, for example, the audience can listen to or watch all or parts of a variety of programmes, or read the corresponding headlines, at any time they like.
Source : www.SRG-SSR.CH - (FR-DE-IT-RM-ENG)
- WRS : WORLD RADIO SWITZERLAND (101.7fm in Geneva)
An English-speaking channel which provides lots of practical information to expatriates.
Cable television, for international television and radio channels
- NAXOO (English corner) gives access to more than 300 international TV and radio channels
- SWISSCOM TV gives access to more than 200 TV channels, no less than 130 national and international radio stations and a large number of Internet radio channels.
- upc cablecom TV/radio: Digital television with more than 115 TV channels and around 100 radio stations
- VTX TV : digital television with more than 100 TV channels (over 35 English speaking channels) and a special offer available to anglophones
In Geneva, the Léman bleu channel regularly broadcasts current affairs in Geneva and allows you to follow live sessions of the Canton Parliament and the City of Geneva’s Municipal Council.
La Télé VD/Fribourg TV : regional television network
Tenants in Geneva are not entitled to demand their landlord to install television networks. On the other hand, if the tenant wishes, they may install a connection themselves by paying the fees at their own expense
Reception licence fee
Any person who possesses a radio or television receiver must announce this to the licence fee collection agency Billag and pay a reception licence fee.
- Members of staff of the permanent missions to the United Nations and international organisations are asked to refer to the information contained in the website of the Swiss Mission concerning the radio and television licence fees as listed in the "Practical manuel of application of the system of privileges, immunities and other facilities".
Local newspapers are on sale in newspaper kiosks or in street booths. Certain newspapers are distributed free of charge through letter boxes or are available in the streets at bus stops.
Reading publications, listening to radio and watching television are all good ways of improving your knowledge of the region while at the same time keeping informed on the events of local life.